Sunday, August 16, 2009

Scales of Blog

Within the blogging universe, the scale of blogging is getting smaller and smaller as time progresses.

For centeries we have had Autobiographies, I like to think of these as Mega-blogging.

We have run of the mill Blogs hosted by a number of companies including Blogger. The proliferation of Blogs has brought about a number of blog search engines including Technorati and Google Blog Search.

Micro-blogging allows people to send brief messages and updates such as Facebook.

Nano-blogging allows even briefer updates with Twitter only allowing 150 characters per post.

I haven't seen one yet, but correct me if I am wrong. I want to see Pico-blogging. On my Pico-blogging there will be no words, just emoticons (somewhat different than Decepticons). By selecting the Emoticon that best matches your mood, you can update all your friends and family on how you feel at any given time.

I can see the iPhone App, with pages of emoticons with perhaps your most common 16 emotions easily accessible.

I would also like to see Mood Rings make a comeback, but this time with wifi that automatically updates your emoticon status throughout that day.

The someone can develop an emoticon search so you can search for all people who happen to 'Somewhat happy but with a hint of trepidation'. We could move this into research and find out which cities or countries have the happiest, sadest or loneliest people.

Who knows, Google or Microsoft might buy you out for a couple of billion for this : )

No comments:

Post a Comment